This type of cement is appropriate for consumption among the concretes at the mercy of the sulfate attacks, thus they are known as anti-sulfate cement.
When the concrete is in intense contact with sulfate, this type of cement is used. This type of cement is essentially used when the soil or underground water that is in contact with the concrete building includes a large number of sulfate salts. According to the bylaw of Iran’s concrete (ABA), cement type V should be used in all concrete structures located in the environments including intensely sulfate water and soil.
- If chlorine ion exists along with sulfate ion, this type of cement should be applied with care and the necessary examinations.
- Cement type 5 is obtained from the ordinary cement, and the 3, 7, and 28 days of resistance offered by this type of cement is less than those of other Portland cement types, thus it requires greater resistance and is limited in application.
- It should be applied with care in cold weather.
Properties of cement type V
- This type of cement is used to construct damns provided that there is no threat of chlorine attacks.
- Appropriate to be used in corrosive and moist conditions, in contact with underground waters and flowing waters
- Appropriate for foundation, marine structures, and structures in the fully corrosive environments
- In relatively mass concrete placing, foundations, and watering canals
- Featuring high resistance to sulfate attacks for making concrete pipes, water, and wastewater canals
- Concrete durability in inappropriate environmental conditions
Product specifications table
3200 Cubic centimeters / gram
380 kg / cubic centimeter