Pozzolanic cement at most accounts for 15% of total cement (types 1, 2, 3). This type of cement is used for general usage in making mortar or cement, and it is provided with P.P sign. This type of cement properties some special characteristics as well as having the applied characteristics of the clinker of cement being used, appropriate for the type and feature of pozzolan being used. The low initial and ultimate hydration heat, less permeability of the concrete and providing considerable durability in the environments having erosive salts, absorbing cement alkanes, and the capability of preserving the characteristics of fresh concrete over a longer period are among the characteristics that lead to extensive usage in tropical areas and mass concrete placing, use of low-quality aggregate reacting to alkanes, use of the environments including sulfate and chlorine ions, the capability to be carried to a greater distance, and overall they feature greater durability and stability. In special pozzolanic cement, pozzolanic material constitutes between 15% to 40% of the aforementioned cement weight.
- Take care when using in cold and freezing weather
- It is given secondary priority in some tasks such as building facade and tiling
Properties of Pozzolanic Portland Cement
- This cement can substitute cement type 1 and 2, and be used for general purposes.
- Hydration heat of this type of cement is less than that of the range determined for the cement with lower heat (type 5), therefore, it can be used as the cement with low hydration heat in mass concrete placing and in tropical areas.
- This type of cement can be used as a low alkaline cement, and it is appropriate to be used to build water and wastewater (especially with a higher percentage of pozzolan) canals.
Properties of special Pozzolanic Portland Cement
- In the desert and coastal areas and salt marshes where the weather is hot, it is necessary to use cement that can resist the sulfate, chlorine, and alkanes salts while featuring a low hydration heat as well as featuring a high mechanical resistance.
- Cement type 7 and to some extent type 2 are to some extent resistant to sulfate salts, but they are completely vulnerable to chlorines and alkanes that usually coexist with the sulfates and the concrete do not feature an appropriate lifetime. Fortunately, the special Pozzolanic cement produced by Kurdistan company that is offered in accordance with the national standards of Iran and international standards have all aforementioned desirable characteristics.
Product specifications table
4000 Cubic centimeters / gram
275 kg / cubic centimeter