This type of cement, that is known as ordinary Portland cement, is used for general purposes where no particular cement characteristics are required. This type of cement is used to build sidewalks, pave the roads, build reinforced concrete bridges, railroads, reservoirs, water pipes and produce mixed mortar to economize.
This cement is used in all reinforced and non-reinforced concrete structures that require early resistance in comparison with the cement types 1, 2, 3, and 5 like columns, ceilings, slab bridges, structures requiring quick demolding, and high initial resistance (like blocking workshops), and also in cold weather.
- In the environments where there is a risk of aggressive ions (sulfate, chlorine, and sea salts).
- In the tropical areas where there is a risk of an increase in the concrete temperature to 32 degrees Celsius, and in mass concrete placing to more than 15 degrees Celsius, this class of cement should be used with care.
Properties of cement type 1
- High cement content and as a result less use of the cement in concrete
- Appropriate low initial setting to be used in tropical regions
- High initial and ultimate resistance
- Autoclave and very low expansion and as a result less cracking in concrete
- Greater durability of this type of concrete in relation to other types of cement
- The possibility of achieving the concrete with greater resistance in heavy and thin structures
- The possibility of greater application in making prefabricated and prestressed parts
- Greater compressive resistance compared to others types of cement in similar ages
- The capability to be formatted sooner than other types of cement
- High mechanical resistance
- The possibility to decrease the content of the cement used to achieve consistent resistance of the concrete
- Greater reliability and durability of the concrete made of this type of cement
Product specifications table
3150 Cubic centimeters / gram
395 kg / cubic centimeter